Friday 24 January 2014

Progress.

I have just finished the first piece for the project I am working on currently - male and female clothing in the style of the Codex Manesse. First piece was the woman's undergarment, and it's now hanging to dry after a quick rinse, all sewn and neatly hemmed, the tailor's chalk rinsed out, and thus ready to be worn. (Well, except for being dripping wet yet.)

Next pieces in line will be the man's undergarments - and then, once the wool fabrics have been dyed in beautiful, bright colours, the real work will start.

For the rest of today, though, I am going to immerse myself in books, as it's time for a library visit again. There's books waiting for me on several different topics and for several different items of writing - so I should get myself into the car and get going to have a productive day!

No comments: